History / Building
The museum's main building was originally built by a wealthy businessman, Shotaro KAGA (1888~1954).
Decades after his death, a plan to demolish the building to build a luxurious apartment was once considered. However, local people led a campaign to preserve it. With the help of Asahi Breweries, Ltd., the local government of Oyamazaki and that of Kyoto-fu, it was decided to be preserved as a museum. Hence, Asahi Beer Oyamazaki Villa Museum of Art was opened to the public in 1996.
Photographs were supplied by Takayuki KAGA. All rights reserved.
(Around the entrance)
(View from the garden)
The interior of the Villa